Minister of Youth and Community Engagement
(Part time, Paid Position: 10-15 hours per week)
Living God’s Love…. Come Join Us.
Praying, Serving and Connecting.
● A person of the Christian faith, loves God above all, loves people and enjoys inviting others into an active relationship with the Holy One made known to us in the life and ministry of Jesus Christ.
● Experience working with middle school youth and adult volunteers preferred. ● Experience directing or building and growing a program from scratch would be a huge asset.
● Ability to engage in the essential practices of our church. Praying, Serving, Connecting.
● Bachelor of Fine Arts preferred.
● Recruit, train and mentor other adults as partners in ministry. These adults may be in the congregation and/or in the community.
● Direct the entire program under the supervision of the Pastor and the Session. ● Spend 1 hour each week in the community, building relationships. ● Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Areas of Focus
Middle School Ministry
Build a ministry to serve middle school students focused on providing avenues for creative expression in a faith affirming environment.
Build this program from scratch, reach out to the congregation and community to form a team of volunteers to serve the students.
Support efforts at WPC to be Intentionally Invitational.
1. Focus on helping us invite others into the activities we are already doing. 2. Focus on helping our congregation build authentic relationships in our community. These relationships will then inform how best we can serve our community by helping meet needs and interests.
Please send résumé and cover letter to Pastor@ WestminsterTopeka.com . Call or text: 620-404-0182